Your Dental Implant Revolution: A Brighter and Healthier Smile
Are you distressed due to missing teeth? Does chewing and speech pose a challenge for you? Fret not! Modern dentistry has come a long way with innovative restorations and prostheses that can effectively replace missing teeth.
The dental implants in Tukwila, WA, offer excellent teeth replacements that are permanent and durable.
An insight into dental implants
Dental implants are advanced and innovative dental prostheses that mimic your missing tooth roots to provide a strong anchorage to permanent restorations like bridges, dentures, and crowns. These titanium screw-like posts are surgically inserted into your jawbone and fuse naturally through a process called osseointegration.
Potential benefits of dental implants
Dental implants are revolutionary prostheses in recent times since they offer the following benefits:
- Aesthetically match your natural tooth shade
- Offers permanent teeth replacement
- Are durable and last as long as 10 to 15 years
- Prevents bone loss
- Improves speech and pronunciation
- Improves your chewing abilities
- Preserves adjacent teeth
- Improves your overall oral health
- Enhances facial aesthetics, thereby boosting your self-confidence
Dental implants- preparation
- Your dentist will evaluate the missing space to determine the number of implants needed and your underlying jawbone health through dental X-rays.
- You may require bone grafting for insufficient bone volume and density or extraction of tooth remnants before you proceed with implants.
Dental implants- procedure
- Once you are eligible for dental implants, your dentist will numb the area around your missing teeth using a local anesthetic. This eases pain and discomfort during implant placement.
- Your dentist will make an incision over the gums to expose the underlying jawbone. A tiny hole will be drilled with rotary instruments, and the titanium post will be implanted.
- The implant site is allowed to heal completely before placing any permanent restoration. This may take anywhere between 4 to 5 months for it to fuse with the jawbone.
- When your new customized permanent restorations (bridge, denture, or crown) are ready, they are attached to the implant post through a connector called an abutment.
Dental implants- post-care
Dental implants usually require minimal post-care and low maintenance. However, ensure that you:
- Brush your teeth twice daily
- Floss regularly
- Avoid chewing anything hard, especially a few weeks after you get your implant
- Get professional dental cleaning at least once every 6 months
Dental implants are innovative dental prostheses that can effectively mimic tooth roots, providing anchorage to the newly fabricated crown. These are durable, long-lasting, and a permanent solution to missing teeth, greatly improving your oral form, function, and facial aesthetics.